There are many ways to spread the word about your event depending on who you would like to invite. Here's what to do and who to contact to promote your event with different audiences within the law school and beyond.
- Website – Only approved events will be posted on the website. To ensure your event is approved, contact the Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org before you begin planning.
- Email to Students – Events submitted by student groups to the Student Organization Events Request Form are automatically added to the weekly law school student email. Other groups wishing to add an event to the weekly student email should email the event details and registration link to Ann Kim at email@example.com. Your submission must be sent by Wednesday at 5 p.m. the week before to be included in the next email on Monday.
- The Elm Weekly – If you would like your event included in The Elm Weekly newsletter that is distributed across UMB, submit your event as an announcement by Wednesday for publication the following Monday. You can submit your announcement via umaryland.edu/submit/Submit-an-Announcement.
- Email to Faculty and Staff – To have your event included in the Friday email to faculty and staff, email your event details to Tracey George at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Peter Danchin at email@example.com no later than Thursday at noon to be included in the email the next day.
- Email to Alumni – If you would like to invite alumni to your event, please contact Jason Keller at Jason.Keller@law.umaryland.edu.
- Email to Other Audiences – If you have other audiences you would like to email to promote your event, please contact Thomas Wise at firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance of your desired email send date. You must already have your recipient list in our system or be able to provide a recipient list.
- Social Media – If you would like your event to be shared through one of our social media channels, please submit your request for consideration through email@example.com along with your registration link.
- Law School Televisions – To have your event displayed on the television screens throughout the law school, you must first create a 16:9 slide with your event information. You may use one of the templates in this Templates for Law School Television Signage document or create your own. Once you have created your slide, send it to Deborah Eisenberg for approval at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AALS – If your event is an academic panel discussion, conference, or symposium, submit your event to AALS to be included on their online calendar.