From the 2006 News Archive
School to host Baltimore/D.C. Public Interest Law Retreat on Saturday, April 8 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The University of Maryland School of Law will play host to the annual Baltimore/D.C. Public Interest Law Retreat on Saturday, April 8.
The Retreat will provide opportunities to:
- Build practical lawyering skills to employ in professional or clinical settings.
- Learn about and evaluate a range of public interest careers.
- Discuss current hot topics/areas, and enhance career development strategies.
- Forge alliances and work cooperatively with like-minded students from local schools.
- Implement proven strategies and gain marketable skills from people working in the field.
- Participate in inter-school "student meet-ups" during lunch.
- Meet and gain insight from experienced speakers working in diverse career environments.
- Build and improve skills during break-out sessions addressing various areas of law.
- Network, including a post-meeting social affair.
RSVP to email@example.com.