Applicants who are certain that the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law is their first-choice law school may apply under our Binding Early Decision Program. Candidates applying to this program must submit a completed application, including the required Binding Early Decision Agreement form, to Maryland Carey Law by December 1, 2021 and can expect to receive a decision by December 17, 2021. Applicants who apply past the deadline will have their applications transferred into the regular decision applicant pool. Similarly, previously submitted applications which are missing any of the required components by December 1, 2021 will also be transferred into the regular decision pool.
Candidates who wish to be considered under this program agree that they:
- do not have applications pending at any other binding, early decision programs or similar binding decision programs
- have researched and weighed all law school options and are certain that Maryland Carey Law is their first first choice law school
If admitted through the Binding Early Decision program, candidates agree that they:
- will submit a $750.00 non-refundable seat deposit to Maryland Carey Law by Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
- will immediately withdraw all applications submitted to other schools and will provide evidence of having done so.
- will not initiate new applications to any other school.
- will enroll at Maryland Carey Law in August 2022 and understand that they are not eligible to defer admission.
Binding Early Decision candidates who are waitlisted are no longer bound by the Binding Early Decision rules and may, of course, remain in the applicant pools of other schools and submit new applications to additional schools.
As is the case for all applicants to Maryland Carey Law, candidates applying under the Binding Early Decision program will be considered for merit-based scholarships. Binding Early Decision applicants will be notified of any merit-based scholarship award at the same time an offer of admission is extended. Please be aware that all scholarship offers are final and non-negotiable.
In addition to submitting the regular application form and other required materials (e.g., the CAS Report and letters of recommendation), Binding Early Decision applicants must also submit via e-mail to email@example.com the Binding Early Decision Agreement to Participate form.
If you have any questions about our program, please contact us at 410.706.3492 or firstname.lastname@example.org.