Use of Facilities Policy

Use By Non-Law School Organizations

The law school makes available bulletin board space to profit-making enterprises, but usage of the premises for commercial purposes requires the payment of a rental fee.

Westminster Hall, which is operated by the Westminster Preservation Trust, is available for rental for receptions, meetings, or lectures.  With the approval of the President of the Trust, the hall may be reserved for law school activities by faculty or student organizations subject to a fee of $100.  Campus organizations are eligible to receive a University discount of 30% off of the customary rental fee for weekday (Monday – Thursday) events.  For information about scheduling an event in Westminster Hall, call the manager of rental information at 410 706-2072.

Campus Facilities Use Policy

Buildings designated specifically and completely for occupancy by one professional school (for example, the law school building) are administered for scheduling purposes by the dean of that school.

  1. Requests from recognized campus organizations for utilization of facilities in such buildings will be considered and acted on by the dean.
  2. Requests from professional organizations related to the school will be considered and acted on by the dean.     
  3. Requests from other non-campus groups or organizations require the approval of the dean’s and President’s offices.

Facilities designed for general campus use, the Student Union Building and the Health Sciences Library auditorium, are available for use by campus groups, both organized and unorganized.  The Student Union/Resident Life designee and the Director of Facilities Management, respectively, will schedule utilization of these facilities.   

  • Requests for utilization of these facilities by non-campus groups should be made by means of an application requiring approval of the Student Union/Resident Life designee or the Director of Facilities Management and the President’s Office.
  • An exception to the need for President’s Office approval is made for the organized labor unions and associations of which classified employees are members.  These groups may schedule the use of facilities with approval of the appropriate dean, the Student Union/Resident Life designee or the Director of Facilities Management.