Student Bar Association
Constitution - ARTICLE IV
Officers, Executive Council, and Executive Board
- The elected officers of the SBA shall be a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, American Bar Association Law Student Division (ABA-LSD) Representative; and Honor Board Chairperson.
- The elected class delegation shall be Class President, Class Vice President, Class Representative(s) and Class Honor Board Member.
- The elected University Student Government Association (USGA) Senator delegation shall be determined according to the USGA Constitution and By-Laws. The USGA delegation shall be divided among the various class divisions.
- The appointed officers of the SBA shall be the SBA Parliamentarian and the SBA Comptroller.
- The elected officers, elected class delegations, and appointed officers of the SBA shall constitute the SBA Executive Council.
- The SBA Executive Council shall serve as the coordinating and executive body of the SBA, and shall have the sole and exclusive authority to carry out the objectives and policy of the SBA.
- The SBA Executive Board shall be composed of the SBA President, SBA Vice President, SBA Treasurer and SBA Secretary, who shall each have one (1) vote. In the event of a tie in the SBA Executive Board, the SBA President shall cast an additional tie-breaking vote. The SBA Parliamentarian, the SBA Comptroller, the Honor Board Chairperson, the USGA Senators (on a rotating basis ) and the ABA / LSD Representative shall serve as ex-officio members.
- The SBA Executive Board shall regularly meet throughout the semester, and shall meet at least once before each regular SBA Executive Council meeting. The SBA Executive Board serves as the supreme administrative and executive body of the SBA Executive Council, and shall insure that the policies and programs of the SBA Executive Council are carried out by all SBA officers.
- The Dean of the School of Law shall appoint a member of the ADMINISTRATION, with the approval of the SBA, to serve as the Advisor to the SBA. The Faculty Advisor shall serve at the pleasure of the Dean and the SBA, and shall assist the Executive Council at its meetings and in its operations.
More On Student Bar Association
This page developed and maintained by Student Bar Association
Back To Top