FAQs for Transfer and Visting Students
- How many credits will the law school accept from my previous law school?
- When will I get my class schedule?
Once your audit is complete, you can log onto SURFS and select the classes that have course offerings.
- Am I eligible to petition for journal?
There is a Fall petitioning process for transfer students who will enter as a 2D or 3E student. In general, participation on a journal requires a two year commitment.
- Am I eligible to participate in any other co-curricular activities?
The National Trial Advocacy team holds tryouts in the Spring for rising 2D and 3E students. The Moot Court Board hosts a Fall competition for 2D and 3E students. Each of these co-curricular requires a two year commitment.
- How soon can I meet with the Career Development Office?
The Career Development Office is eager to hear from you! Make as appointment with CDO (email@example.com) to receive an orientation to the office and to learn about its many resources available to current students and alumni.
- How does the law school help transfer and visiting students integrate into the law school community?
The law school offers over 40 student organizations in which you can get involved. https://www.law.umaryland.edu/students/life/orgs/. Additionally, you will be assigned a peer advisor who can help acclimate you to the law school.
More on Resources for Incoming Students
Back To Top