General Resources for Identifying International Law Opportunities
The following web-based resources provide general information on careers and job placements in international law.
- American Society of International Law (ASIL)
- American Bar Association, International Law Section
- International Law Association (ISA)
- ISA International Law Weekend – October in New York:
Devex links international development experts with professional service opportunities dealing with 1,000 funding agencies, NGOs and companies in 100 countries. Devex was founded a decade ago to help make development aid more efficient—so $200 billion in annual foreign assistance can have more impact for more people.
- Juris Placement International:
Specializes in international private law opportunities. Established in 1995, Juris Placement International focuses on the placement of attorneys with special credentials & exceptional experience with law firms & companies the world over. Clients of Juris Placement include leading international & specialty law firms, major financial institutions & multinational corporations.
- Development Aid Jobs Board:
DevelopmentAid.Org collects jobs in the international development sector including legal positions.
- The International Jobs Center and International Career Employment Weekly are managed by the Carlyle Corporation, a not-for-profit corporation whose only business is to identify and describe international career positions with employers in all sectors of the job market, around the world.
- Society for International Development:
This organization runs a useful Job Board.
- Peace and Collaborative Development Network (PCDN): This is a free professional networking site that works to foster dialogue and sharing of resources in international development, conflict resolution, gender mainstreaming, human rights, social entrepreneurship and related fields.