The ADR Group conducts a variety of events including:
• A speaker series about the ADR field and career opportunities
• A mentor program
• Networking events with the faculty & professors of the ADR Program and The Center for Dispute Resolution of the University of Maryland (C-DRUM)
• Skills based training sessions and discussions
• The opportunity to experience ADR in action
• The chance to compete in Regional and National ABA-sponsored ADR Competitions on topics such as: Negotiation, Client Counseling and Representation in Mediation, or Arbitration!
The skills associated with ADR are relevant to all legal practice areas and will increase both your competence and marketability as an Attorney.
Questions? Please contact:
Presidents: Nick Scull
Vice-President: Ryan Saunders
Competition Co-Chairs: Fay Gordon
Secretary: Alison Silber
Treasurer: Kris Lier
Advisor: Toby Treem Guerin
Deputy Director of C-DRUM
Faculty Supervisor: Roger Wolf
Professor and Director of C-DRUM
In the Winter of 2008 the ADR Group held an Intra-School Negotiation Competition in which 35 students participated. The competition established the two primary teams and two alternate teams to represent the University of Maryland School of Law in the 2008 American Bar Association Law School Division Negotiation Competition. Thank you to all of the students, faculty, and staff that participated in the competition. The 2008-2009 Negotiation Competition Team members are: Ben Alpert, Chris Hatcher, Claire McLamore, Ashley Pyle, Ryan Saunders, Nick Scull, Alison Silber, and Dennis Robinson.