C-DRUM Training & Events
Upcoming Training & Events
- September 28 - October 1, 2016: Association for Conflict Resolution Annual Conference. C-DRUM staff Toby Guerin and Barbara Grochal will present a concurrent workshop entitled “The Restorative Neutral” on Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 2:15 in Baltimore. This year’s conference theme, “Principles into Practice” focuses on the application of guiding principles for respective processes. The workshop focuses on the integration of restorative practices techniques and into the mediation session.
- November 12-13, 2016: American Bar Association Law Student Division Regional Negotiation Competition. Maryland Carey Law will host the annual negotiation competition featuring students from approximately 12 different schools who engage in four rounds of judged negotiation simulations. Individuals interested in judging the competition should contact the ADR Team at email@example.com.
- November 17-18, 2016: Maryland’s 6th Restorative Justice Conference. C-DRUM joins other partner organizations in support of this two day conference which aims to increase understanding and awareness about restorative justice and promote restorative principles, practices, and initiatives for communities, organizations, institutions and individuals.
Recent Training & Events
- June 23-25, 2016: 29th Annual Summer Professional Skills Program in Dispute Resolution. C-DRUM Managing Director Toby Treem Guerin will present Public Sector Mediation: Skills and Drills at the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution in Malibu, CA. The highly interactive skills-based course is designed to enhance the tool kit of the public sector mediator.
- June 16-18, 2016: Maryland State Bar Association Joint Bench-Bar Meeting. C-DRUM Managing Director Toby Treem Guerin will join other panelists to discuss the groundbreaking results from the recent research on Maryland court ADR programs and explore the impacts for attorneys, clients, and courts moving forward during the June 17 educational session Court ADR: What Works and Why it Matters.
- May 24-25, 2016: Facilitating Restorative Conferences Workshop. A 2-day workshop designed for educators interested in restorative practices — specifically supporting the use of restorative conferences for students in elementary, middle or high schools.
- May 5-6, 2016: Peer Mediation: Train-the-Trainers Workshop. A 2-day workshop designed for Maryland Public School counselors, social workers, teachers, administrators, or student support staff planning to launch or re-launch a peer mediation program in their elementary, middle, or high school in 2016-2017.
- March 17-19, 2016: East Coast Professional Skills Program. This comprehensive program provides three days and ten course options conducted by nationally recognized experts in dispute resolution. Registration is now open and early enrollment is recommended since many of the sessions fully subscribe.
Learn more »
Back To Top