C-DRUM Training & Events
Upcoming Training & Events
- March 19-21, 2015: East Coast Professional Skills Program
This comprehensive program provides three days and ten course options conducted by nationally recognized experts in dispute resolution. Registration is now open and early enrollment is recommended since many of the sessions fully subscribe.
Learn more »
- April 21, 2015: Advanced Peer Mediation Train-the-Trainer Workshop. This one day workshop is designed for Maryland Public School counselors, teachers or administrators interested in re-launching or boosting an existing peer mediation program in their school. Educators will be provided content material, training agendas and guidance on how to boost the effectiveness of their peer mediation program. To register or receive additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
April 15-18, 2015: American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution 17th Annual Spring Conference. The annual conference is an opportunity for attendees to learn new skills, network with colleagues, share experiences, and attend focused-programs in the dispute resolution field. Toby Guerin will co-present a workshop titled “The Restorative Neutral: What Neutrals Can Learn and Integrate from Restorative Practices,” with colleagues from the King County Office of Dispute Resolution.
May 4-7, 2015: American Association of Law Schools 38th Annual Conference on Clinical Legal Education. This year’s conference focuses on “Leading the New Normal: Clinical Education at the Forefront of Change”. Professor Deb Eisenberg and a panel of colleagues will present on “The New Normal of Dispute Resolution: Pedagogical Lessons and Secrets from Mediation Clinics”
June 2-5, 2015: Canadian Domestic Violence Conference.The conference is designed to foster effective conversations about domestic violence and showcase grassroots initiatives. Professor Leigh Goodmark will deliver a keynote presentation on “Restorative Justice and Domestic Violence: Exploring the Possibilities.” Learn more »
June 17-22, 2015: International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education (CRE)- Human Rights and Conflict Resolution: Tensions and Opportunities. On June 17-18th C-DRUM trainers will provide a two day pre-conference workshop which includes the International Institute for Restorative Practices’ trainings entitled Introduction to Restorative Practices and Using Circles Effectively. This conference brings together college educators and students, K-12 educators, prevention specialists and state, local, national and international policy makers for pre-conference trainings, keynotes, workshops and networking designed for K-12 educators.
- September 28-October 2, 2015: MD State Bar Association 40-hour Mediation Training. Adjunct Professor Joyce Mitchell and Ellen Kandell will lead this basic mediation training. Learn more »:
Recent Training & Events
- February 3, 2015: MD State Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section Pizza and Professionalism. Join dispute resolution practitioners and members of the bar to learn more about the Maryland Judiciary's groundbreaking research study. Toby Guerin will join panelists Lorig Charkoudian and Nick White. The event is at Maryland Carey Law from 6:30-8:30pm. For more information contact Cynthia Jurrius email@example.com
- November 20-21, 2014: Peer Mediation: Train-the-Trainers Workshop. A 2-day workshop designed for Maryland Public School counselors, social workers, teachers, administrators, or student support staff planning to launch or re-launch a peer mediation program in their elementary, middle, or high school in 2014-2015.
Learn more »
- November 6-7, 2014: Maryland’s 5th Annual Restorative Justice Conference. The two-day conference presented by the Circle of Restorative Initiatives for Maryland features local and national presenters on a broad range or restorative principles, practices, and initiatives. UM Carey Law is a partner organization for the conference and Professor Leigh Goodmark will present “Restorative Justice and Domestic Violence: Exploring the Possibilities”.
Learn more »
- October 31, 2014: Maryland Mediators Convention. The bi-annual conference for mediators on a wide-range of topics. Professor Deb Eisenberg will present a session on mediator ethics and Toby Guerin will co-present a workshop on co-mediation.
- October 28-29, 2014: Basic Restorative Practices Training. A 2-day workshop designed for Maryland Public School counselors, social workers, teachers, administrators, or student support staff interested in implementing restorative practices in their elementary, middle, or high school in 2014-2015.
Learn More »
- October 10, 2014: Working for Equality: A Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. A symposia of the University of Maryland Carey School of Law and the University of Maryland Journal of Race, Religion, Gender & Class and the Maryland Employment Lawyers Association. Professor Deb Eisenberg will moderate an afternoon panel entitled “The Colors of Change: LGBT Employment Rights Under Title VII.”
Back To Top