C-DRUM Training & Events
Upcoming Training & Events
- May 24-25, 2016: Facilitating Restorative Conferences Workshop. A 2-day workshop designed for educators interested in restorative practices — specifically supporting the use of restorative conferences for students in elementary, middle or high schools.
- June 16-18, 2016: Maryland State Bar Association Joint Bench-Bar Meeting. C-DRUM Managing Director Toby Treem Guerin will join other panelists to discuss the groundbreaking results from the recent research on Maryland court ADR programs and explore the impacts for attorneys, clients, and courts moving forward during the June 17 educational session Court ADR: What Works and Why it Matters.
- June 23-25, 2016: 29th Annual Summer Professional Skills Program in Dispute Resolution. C-DRUM Managing Director Toby Treem Guerin will present Public Sector Mediation: Skills and Drills at the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution in Malibu, CA. The highly interactive skills-based course is designed to enhance the tool kit of the public sector mediator.
Recent Training & Events
- May 5-6, 2016: Peer Mediation: Train-the-Trainers Workshop. A 2-day workshop designed for Maryland Public School counselors, social workers, teachers, administrators, or student support staff planning to launch or re-launch a peer mediation program in their elementary, middle, or high school in 2016-2017.
- March 17-19, 2016: East Coast Professional Skills Program. This comprehensive program provides three days and ten course options conducted by nationally recognized experts in dispute resolution. Registration is now open and early enrollment is recommended since many of the sessions fully subscribe.
Learn more »
- November 13, 2015: Innovations in Family Dispute Resolution. This one day conference brings together academics, practitioners, and consumers to explore the emerging practices in the field of family dispute resolution. Learn More »
- October 22, 2015: Academy of Professional Family Mediators 2015 Conference. This year’s conference focuses on “Selling Peace in an Adversarial World”. Toby Guerin and a panel of colleagues will present on “What Are We Doing and What Matters: The Impact of Specific ADR Strategies and Approaches.” Learn More »
- October 21, 2015: International Academy of Mediators Welcome Reception. The International Academy of Mediators 2015 fall conference, “Recognition, Dialogue, and Reconciliation” will take place in Baltimore. The University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law will host the evening reception for conference attendees and invited guests. Learn More »
June 17-22, 2015: International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education (CRE)- Human Rights and Conflict Resolution: Tensions and Opportunities. On June 17-18th C-DRUM trainers will provide a two day pre-conference workshop which includes the International Institute for Restorative Practices’ trainings entitled Introduction to Restorative Practices and Using Circles Effectively. This conference brings together college educators and students, K-12 educators, prevention specialists and state, local, national and international policy makers for pre-conference trainings, keynotes, workshops and networking designed for K-12 educators.
June 2-5, 2015: Canadian Domestic Violence Conference.The conference is designed to foster effective conversations about domestic violence and showcase grassroots initiatives. Professor Leigh Goodmark will deliver a keynote presentation on “Restorative Justice and Domestic Violence: Exploring the Possibilities.” Learn more »
Back To Top