C-DRUM Training & Events
Upcoming Training & Events
- March 8, 2017: University of Maryland, Baltimore Faculty Interprofessional Development Day. Toby Guerin along with colleagues from the schools of nursing and social work will provide the plenary remarks, “Embedding IPE: It’s Easier Than You Think”.
- March 16-19, 2017: 11th International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education. Barbara Grochal at will co-present a workshop on “Rolling Out Restorative Practices in Baltimore” with Erik Bandzak of Baltimore City Public Schools on Friday, March 17 at The Ohio State University. The presentation builds on the overall conference theme of tools for preparing the change leaders of the future.
- April 19-22, 2017: American Bar Association Section on Dispute Resolution 19th Annual Conference. C-DRUM Staff Deborah Thompson Eisenberg and Toby Guerin will present a concurrent workshop along with others entitled “Applying What Works in Mediation: Integrating Research-Based Skills into Your Regular Practice” on Saturday, April 22.
- August – September 2017: Washington DC Professional Skills Program. This comprehensive program provides four, two-day courses on topics relevant to the ADR practitioner, lawyer, and other professionals. All courses are conducted by nationally recognized experts in dispute resolution. Special rates for full-time government and non-profit employees. Registration is now open and early enrollment is recommended as space is limited.
Recent Training & Events
- November 30 - December 1, 2016: Basic Restorative Practices Training. For educators interested in gaining an understanding of the premises of restorative practices and learning techniques for using circles in schools. The International Institute of Restorative Practices curriculum will be used. Download Flyer » | Download Registration Form »
- November 19, 2016: ABA Section of Dispute Resolution Negotiation Institute. C-DRUM with join the ABA Section of Dispute Resolution cooperating organization with the Negotiation Institute. The day long training develops practical skills in legal bargaining. Alumni of Maryland Carey Law can register at the Dispute Resolution Section rate.
- November 17-18, 2016: Maryland’s 6th Restorative Justice Conference. C-DRUM joins other partner organizations in support of this two day conference which aims to increase understanding and awareness about restorative justice and promote restorative principles, practices, and initiatives for communities, organizations, institutions and individuals. Barbara Grochal will be presenting a "Tim Talk" highlighting the work that the Mediation Clinic and the School Prison to Pipeline Legal Theory and Practices Course are bringing in support of improved conflict management in Baltimore City schools.
- November 15-16, 2016: Peer Mediation: Train-the-Trainers Workshop. A 2-day workshop designed for Maryland Public School counselors, social workers, teachers, administrators, or student support staff planning to launch or re-launch a peer mediation program in their elementary, middle, or high school. Download Flyer » | Download Registration Form »
- November 12-13, 2016: American Bar Association Law Student Division Regional Negotiation Competition. Maryland Carey Law will host the annual negotiation competition featuring students from approximately 12 different schools who engage in four rounds of judged negotiation simulations. Individuals interested in judging the competition should contact the ADR Team at email@example.com.
- September 28 - October 1, 2016: Association for Conflict Resolution Annual Conference. C-DRUM staff Toby Guerin and Barbara Grochal will present a concurrent workshop entitled “The Restorative Neutral” on Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 2:15 in Baltimore. This year’s conference theme, “Principles into Practice” focuses on the application of guiding principles for respective processes. The workshop focuses on the integration of restorative practices techniques and into the mediation session.
Back To Top