- Appointed to his current position as Assistant United States Trustee for the District of Maryland, Greenbelt Division in August 2010. As the Assistant U.S. Trustee, he is responsible for managing the U.S. Trustee’s Greenbelt Field Office, which monitors bankruptcy cases for fraud and abuse and appoints and supervises trustees.
- For the six years immediately prior to his appointment as Assistant United States Trustee, served as a Standing Chapter 13 Trustee in the District of Maryland, Baltimore Division.
- While in private practice for the 24 years prior to his service as Chapter 13 Trustee, Mr. Vetter’s practice focused on bankruptcy and commercial litigation. He represented Chapter 7 Trustees in consumer and commercial bankruptcy cases as well as creditors and debtors in both bankruptcy courts and state courts.
- Adjunct faculty member at the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law (Legal Profession course).
- Frequent lecturer at bankruptcy programs.
- Recipient of Governor’s Service Award in November, 2013 for Outstanding Nonprofit Volunteer in recognition of his service as a volunteer attorney for Maryland Foreclosure Prevention Pro Bono Project coordinated by Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland.
- Graduated cum laude from Princeton University and earned his law degree from George Washington University.
Return to Faculty Profiles