Faculty in the News - Archive
Sunday, January 29, 2012Professor Renee HutchinsVOA News
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said the case did not require the court to decide if electronic monitoring without trespassing onto someone's property is a violation of privacy. Renee Hutchins, JD, associate professor at the Francis King Carey School of Law, says that is a big question that remains to be answered
Sunday, January 29, 2012Professor Peter HollandThe Baltimore Sun
- If the new rules work as intended, there will be fewer "junk lawsuits" forcing consumers into bankruptcy
, says Peter Holland, JD, MA, visiting assistant professor at the Consumer Protection Clinic at the Francis King Carey School of Law.
Sunday, January 29, 2012Professor Renee HutchinsThe Baltimore Sun
- "As one deeply committed to personal liberty and restrained government, what's not to love when the nation's highest court finds the police must obtain a warrant before continuously tracking the citizenry with installed GPS devices
?" writes Renee Hutchins, JD, associate professor at the Francis King Carey School of Law, in an Op-Ed. "Unfortunately," Hutchins writes, "the answer is 'plenty'."
Saturday, January 28, 2012Professor Douglas ColbertCityBizList, Southern Maryland Online, Cumberland Times News
- Summary: The Office of the Maryland Public Defender needs $28 million to comply with a court ruling requiring that indigent defendants have a lawyer at bail hearings
. Prosecutors say it will cost local governments much more. Commenting is Douglas Colbert, JD, professor at the Francis King Carey School of Law.
Friday, January 27, 2012Professor Michael GreenbergerThe Daily Record
- The Daily Record announced its 2012 list of influential Marylanders
, which includes UM Carey School of Law professor Michael Greenberger, JD, director of the Center for Health and Homeland Security, Elijah Saunders, MD, professor at the School of Medicine, Peter Greenleaf, president of MedImmune, Inc., and Francis X. Kelly Jr. and Janet Kelly. A former state senator, Kelly is a member of the board of the University of Maryland Baltimore Foundation, Inc., and a member of the Board of Regents of the University System of Maryland.
Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43