Faculty in the News - Archive
Thursday, February 2, 2012Professor Renee HutchinsTMCNet
- Associate Professor Renee Hutchins, JD, of the Francis King Carey School of Law, discusses the opinion of Justice Sonia Sotomayor
in the U.S. v. Jones
Thursday, February 2, 2012Professor Taunya Lovell BanksNorth Baltimore Patch
- Taunya Lovell Banks, JD, professor at the Francis King Carey School of Law, and Curt Civin, MD, professor at the School of Medicine, will appear Feb. 6 at the Enoch Pratt Free Library Central Branch as members of a panel discussing ethics in medical education, research, treatment, and practice
Tuesday, January 31, 2012Professor Douglas ColbertThe Baltimore Sun
- Students from the Access to Justice Clinic at the Francis King Carey School of Law were in Annapolis as the House Judiciary Committee appeared poised to undo a court ruling that indigent defendants have a statutory right to counsel when their bail is set
. The clinic is headed by professor Douglas Colbert, JD.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012Professor Peter HollandThe Reformed Broker
- Peter Holland, JD, MA, visiting assistant professor at the Francis King Carey School of Law, describes how debt collectors take the smaller balances to small claims court
where rules of evidence are more relaxed and informal proof, such as an affidavit, is more readily accepted.
Monday, January 30, 2012Professor Peter HollandAmerican Banker
- If the new rules work as intended, there will be fewer "junk lawsuits" forcing consumers into bankruptcy
, says Peter Holland, JD, MA, visiting assistant professor at the Consumer Protection Clinic at the Francis King Carey School of Law.
Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43