Faculty in the News - Archive
Thursday, February 16, 2012Professor Douglas ColbertThe Washington Post
- A story about the legislative battle over right-to-counsel at initial bail hearings in Maryland
includes a profile of Douglas Colbert, JD, professor at the Francis King Carey School of Law.
Thursday, February 9, 2012Professor Rena SteinzoriWatch News
- Rena Steinzor, JD, a professor at the Francis King Carey School of Law and president of the Center for Progressive Reform, said the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, "is a politicized place where rules go to die.
Thursday, February 9, 2012Associate Dean Mark GraberThe Washington Post
- Mark Graber, JD, associate dean at the Francis King Carey School of Law, said "Caylee's law" is generally problematic because it's not "obvious."
Some parents' first impulse might be to contact friends and family, not law enforcement, when they discover a child is missing, Graber said.
Tuesday, February 7, 2012Professor Mark GraberWBAL-AM
- Mark Graber, JD, PhD, associate dean at the School of Law, addressed the federal court ruling that struck down California's Prop 8, which had stripped the right from same-sex couples to marry.
Friday, February 3, 2012Professor Douglas ColbertWYPR-FM
- Professor Doug Colbert, JD, of the Francis King Carey School of Law, said that people who have lawyers at bail hearings are two-and-a-half times more likely to be released, or have affordable bail set
. A commissioner's decision can have long-term effects.
Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43