Faculty in the News - Archive
Wednesday, March 7, 2012Professor Renee HutchinsThe Daily Record
- Renee Hutchins of the School of Law said she was encouraged by the step taken by the governor's staff that could lead to Mark Farley Grant's life sentence being commuted
Wednesday, March 7, 2012Professor Don GiffordBaltimore Sun
- Donald Gifford, a School of Law professor who led a task force that crafted the state's 1994 lead-paint law, comments in a story about how - or whether - to help landlords facing a flurry of lead-paint poisoning lawsuits from former tenants
Monday, March 5, 2012Professor Jane F. BarrettThe Daily Record
- A federal judge has cleared the way for the Carey School of Law's Environmental Law Clinic to proceed with its lawsuit against a chicken farm on the Eastern Shore
. Jane Barrett, director of the clinic, is quoted in The Daily Record.
Thursday, March 1, 2012Dean Phoebe HaddonThe Daily Record
- Phoebe A. Haddon, JD, LLM, dean of the Carey School of Law, and Sarah Pick, MS, director of marketing and public relations for the Institute for Genome Sciences at the School of Medicine, are among women to be honored for their leadership, community service, and mentoring
Thursday, March 1, 2012Professor Douglas ColbertThe Daily Record
- The Maryland Senate and the House of Delegates on Thursday passed measures to counteract a court ruling
that gives poor suspects the right to have a public defender present when they appear before district court commissioners, who decide bail and whether a defendant is detained after arrest. Doug Colbert, JD, professor at the Francis King Carey School of Law, is quoted.
Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43