Faculty in the News - Archive
Friday, May 4, 2012Professor David GrayWYPR-FM
- David Gray of the School of Law appeared on the "Midday" program to discuss recent events, including verdicts in the Park Heights assault case and the Court of Appeals ruling regarding use of DNA
. His appearance was noted two days later in a column
by Sun media critic David Zurawik.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012Professor Michael GreenbergerPolitiFact.com
- Michael Greenberger, professor at the School of Law and former director of the division of trading and markets at the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, comments on a report about the role of speculators in influencing the price of oil
Wednesday, May 2, 2012Professor Rena SteinzorTheHill.com
- Environmental Protection Agency emails show agency officials' frustration with a 2011 White House letter to House GOP leaders that did not detail the health benefits of pollution regulations
. Rena Steinzor, a professor at the University of Maryland School of Law, attacked the letter in a blog post Thursday.
Monday, April 30, 2012Professor Michael GreenbergerBusiness News Network (Canada)
- School of Law professor Michael Greenberger, a former financial regulator, appeared live on Canada's Business News Network to break down how excessive speculation may be raising the price of oil
Sunday, April 29, 2012Professor Peter HollandBaltimore Sun
- Peter Holland, who runs the Consumer Protection Clinic at the School of Law, is quoted in a story about credit card contracts that require binding arbitration
, saying that consumers give up too many legal rights such as being able to appeal.
Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43