Tax and Financial Planning for Individuals (2 TO 3)
This course will focus on the following topics:
- Saving for Retirement (including the tax treatment of Roth and Traditional IRAs and section 401(k) plans);
- Mutual funds and Investment Strategies;
- College Savings Plans (including section 529 plans);
- Divorce Planning;
- Primer on Estate Planning (under Federal and Maryland law);
- Tax and Financial Benefits of Owning and Selling a Home (including the tax consequences of renting a vacation home);
- Charitable Contribution Planning; and
- Life, Disability, and Long-Term Care Insurance
C: Income Taxation. Others with tax experience may enroll with the permission of the instructor.
Current & Previous Instructors:
|556C (CRN: 26055) Credits: 2|
Spring, 2015 (Twilight).
|556C (CRN: ) Credits: 2|
Spring, 2016 (Twilight).
Key to Codes in Course Descriptions
C: Prerequisite or Concurrent Requirement
R: Recommended Prior or Concurrent Course
New Catalog Search